Sunday, January 10, 2010

Francesco Clemente is Dreamy

I do not know from whence this image came. I collected it to my desktop a while ago, without attribution and absent of specs. I'm posting it anyway because unless I do, I will keep craving it, like a frosted cinnamon bun in the bakery window at the Looney Bean. It is a work on paper of Francesco Clemente's mind. I know for a time, the Italian artist worked with sign painters in India, and has said his imagery is the stuff of dreams and symbols, life and death, sex and self-portraiture.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I love it! I thought it looked familiar, then I realized that his lines in his palm look just like mine (not exactly, but wildly similar). I like how the elephant seems to be concentrating on staying on his finger:)

    ReplyDelete